Cracked or dry lips are one of the most common problems that everyone experiences in their life. Here, the lips do not have the ability to produce natural oil or moisturizer so they can break, dry or cap and can be painful and unattractive. It is caused mainly by vitamin deficiency (omega 3 fatty acids and other essential nutrients), dehydration, smoking, allergic reactions, sun and exposure to the wind, severe weather changes, skin disorder, sick – dentures adjusted, etc. It has symptoms such as dryness, redness, cracking, peeling, tenderness or pain, etc., that most people experience while facing these cracked lips. In this post, we show you how to get rid of cracked lips with 10 natural properties.
You have to protect your lips from cracking as this is not only important for your comfort and appearance, but also for proper health. It causes some health problems such as cold sores, bacterial infections and other problems (which mostly strike the already dry and damaged lips).
Here are some simple and effective natural remedies that can prevent cut lips and without any side effects.
10 natural remedies for cracked lips
- Rose Petals
- Milk cream
- Castor oil
- Aloe Vera
- Coconut oil
- Mango Butter or oil
1. Rose Petals for cracked lips
When you are suffering from chapped lips, the rose plant in your garden will help to get rid of this problem (but do not worry if you do not have any rose plant in your garden, and then buy it at the market or post of flowers use it). These rose petals will help you by giving moisturizer to the lips and also to improve the natural color of great beauty to your lips.
Take a small bowl of milk and enjoy these petals in it for a few hours.
Remember that if you have any problem with milk or any other product, you can use glycerin instead of milk.
After a few hours, gently crush the rose petals and make it like a thick paste.
Apply this paste to cracked lips and leave it like this.
Do this process for 2 – 3 times a day, including every night before going to bed.
2. Sugar for cracked lips
Sugar not only exfoliates dead cells from your cracked lips but also helps restore natural softness. Eliminates chapped lips and makes your lips smooth and smooth when applied to it.
Process – 1:
Take two teaspoons of sugar and mix it with a teaspoon of honey.
Mix well as the sugar has to be mixed properly in the honey and make it as a paste.
Apply this paste to chapped lips and allow it to remain for a few minutes so that the skin of lips smooth.
Now use your fingers to rub the paste gently applied to the lips for a minute.
This process will loosen the dead cells and remove it when washed with warm water.
Repeat the process to get rid of chapped lips soon.
Process – 2:
Take a small amount of sugar and add a teaspoon of olive oil (moisturizes and keeps your lips soft).
Mix well and gently rub the mixture on the lips.
Make it on the lips for about 10 minutes and rinse with warm water.
This natural process exfoliates the lips. Repeat the process regularly to get clear of the problem.
3. Milk cream for cracked lips
Milk cream contains high-fat content that helps your lips hydrated naturally.
Take some fresh cream and apply it to your lips.
Leave it for about 10-15 minutes, and gently wash your lips with a cotton ball moistened with warm water.
Repeat this process every day to get faster relief from chapped lips.
4. Honey for cracked lips
Honey is a great natural moisturizer that has healing and antibacterial properties that treat chapped or dry lips effectively.
Take a small amount of honey and glycerin
Mix well and apply it at night before going to bed.
Wash it early in the morning and keep doing this process and you will experience smoother lips every morning.
Or, simply, apply pure honey over your cracked lips several times a day and repeat regularly.
5. Castor oil for cracked lips
Castor oil also works as a great treatment for dry and chopped lips.
Take a teaspoon of castor oil, a teaspoon of a few drops of fresh lemon juice and glycerin.
Mix well and then apply it on chapped lips at night before going to bed.
Morning clean, wash it with cotton that is immersed in warm water.
Continue doing the same process until full relief of chapped lips arrives.
Or you can simply apply castor oil to your lips for several times a day to get rid of the problem quickly.
6. Aloe Vera for cracked lips
Aloe vera is a natural moisturizer and contains anti-inflammatory properties that help to heal pain by soothing it. Aloe vera also contains hygroscopic properties that attract moisture to the lips.
Take a fresh leaf of aloe vera and squeeze it to extract its gel.
Then take a small amount of aloe vera gel and apply it on chapped lips.
Leave on this way until it dries and then wash it.
Repeat regularly to get relief from chapped lips.
7. Cucumber for cracked lips
Cucumber is another natural remedy that helps fight against cracked lips to make it soft.
Take a small slice of cucumber and rub it gently over cracked lips.
Make sure the juice has to be applied to all dry lips.
Leave it for about 15-20 minutes and rinse your mouth with water.
Repeat the process to regulate several times a day to obtain quick healing of the cracked heals.
8. Coconut oil for cracked lips
Coconut oil is one of the great natural moisturizers that helps heal dry, chapped lips that are caused by cold or dry.
Take a few drops of pure coconut oil and apply directly to the dry lips.
The same process has to be done several times a day to keep your lips always moist.
Or you can simply use olive oil or mustard oil instead of coconut oil for the same action in healing chapped lips.
9. Mango Butter or oil for cracked lips
Mango or oil butter is rich in fatty acids that make them great emollients. These fats contain oleic and stearic acids that act as triglycerides (sebum natural moisturizer) and have both hydrophobic and hydrophilic media one end attracts water while the other end repels. Finally softens the lips by blocking the moisturizer.
Take a small amount of mango butter or oil.
Apply this to your lips and leave it like this until it dries.
Wash with water and repeat the process to get relief from dry and cracked lips completely.
10. Vaseline for cracked lips
Vaseline is one of the common remedies for these cracked lips. Many people prefer petroleum jelly to apply on dry skin during the winter, spring seasons to get rid of the problem.
Take a small amount of honey and apply it gently on your lips.
Let it dry for a few minutes and then apply a light coating of Vaseline on the lips.
Let it rest for a few minutes and then remove the coatings with the help of a cotton swab moistened in warm water.
Delete completely and thoroughly.
This remedy has to be repeated twice a day until full relief of chapped lips arrives.
Tips to reduce chapped lips:
Follow these tips to get relief from chapped lips and also to keep your lips soft and moist:
- Apply petroleum jelly or any other lip balm that is wax or grease on chapped lips for several times a day, including the night time before going to bed to get well nourished and makes your lips soft and crack free by holding the moisturizer.
- Dehydration is one of the most common causes for these cracked lips. Therefore, it is recommended to drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration. Start your day by drinking water and continue until the day and finish it with a glass of water to keep the body hydrated.
- Avoid licking your lips, as it gives temporary relief but has a drying effect (if repeated many times) and causes your skin to lose the moisturizer and finally makes it dry.
- Use a lip balm that contains sunscreen with SPF 15 or higher so you can get relief from dry and cracked lips.
- Try using lipstick that contains sunscreen every time you go outdoors (this advice regarding only readers), as it offers protection from the sun and also moisturizes your lips to prevent dry and cracked lips.
- Change your brand of toothpaste with fluoride toothpaste and free to skip the mouthwash for a few days to check if any allergies from your toothpaste or mouthwash will be the cause of dry and chapped lips. But be sure to rinse well after brushing to reduce the effect of this toothpaste and mouthwash.
- Lips cracked lips mean more sensitive. Therefore, avoid certain foods such as pepper, mustard, barbecue sauce, orange juice, alcoholic beverages, etc., which irritates the lips and makes it more painful.
- Include fruits and vegetables of different fresh colors to obtain essential nutrition, especially iron, vitamins A, B and E in your diet to alleviate this problem.
- Do not be like a mouth breather that causes many problems such as dry mouth, sleep apnea, bad breath, etc. So, always breathe through your nose and keep your mouth closed on taking the reins. Any constant air that blows through the mouth will cause dryness and makes your lips cracked.
- Always use a humidifier in your home or office to moisten the air that ultimately moistens your lips.
- Consult your doctor if it does not cure within a week to 10 days, as it may be a consequence of some disease such as diabetes, Kawasaki disease, macrocytosis and other sexually transmitted diseases.
- Do not try to choose from the dry bits of the lip skin, as it makes the situation worse too. Simply apply lip balm or any other natural remedy to obtain pain relief and dryness.
- Apply papaya or cocoa butter or Shea butter that naturally exfoliate and hydrate your lips. Apply this and wash it after getting 10 minutes.
Try all these home remedies that help to clear dry and cracked lips and make you smile or talk with others freely without any problem of pain. But to avoid recurrence, you have to keep your lips hydrated so you have to eat a proper diet full of essential nutrients, small opportunities in your lifestyle, avoiding extreme temperatures, etc. You have to continue to avoid the problem completely.