It is possible to get healthy and strong muscles as long as you follow a proper exercise routine and diet. If you want to start a diet to gain muscle mass, you should know that breakfast, as the first meal of the day, is one of the most important, since it is the one that will provide you with the energy you need to start your day and get off to a good start. physical activity.
8 muscle building breakfast
If your goal is to improve your appearance in an effective and healthy way, we recommend the following 8 breakfasts to increase muscle mass. In addition to being very nutritious and easy to prepare, they are delicious.
Greek yogurt with cereals and nuts
Yogurt is high in protein and full calories that will help you gain muscle mass, as well as natural lactic ferments that are very beneficial for your body and your immune system. Greek yogurt, in addition to being nutritious, has a creamy texture that is very pleasant on the palate.
A breakfast with Greek yogurt is ideal for increasing muscle mass when combined with nuts, oat flakes and a little honey to sweeten it. Preparing a good bowl of Greek yogurt for breakfast will not require any effort and will provide everything your body and, in particular, your muscles need:
- 250 ml of Greek yogurt (can be white or with fruit)
- 100 grams of oat flakes
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 10 servings of nuts (you can combine nuts, almonds, hazelnuts)
To prepare this breakfast you just need to mix all the ingredients in a breakfast bowl. If you wish, you can chop the dried fruits so that they mix better with the yogurt.
Porridge with oats and nuts
The porridge oats and nuts are a rich culinary quality possessing a high level of carbohydrates, proteins and fats beneficial to the body. Oatmeal and nuts will give you the energy you need to start your daily muscle-building routine. This breakfast can be prepared with both cold milk and hot milk, so it is an ideal breakfast in both winter and summer.
- 250 g oatmeal
- 125 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 tablespoon of crushed nuts
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Heat the milk in a bowl and add the flaked oatmeal to a creamy consistency.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to taste.
- If you prefer to consume this cold breakfast, put all the ingredients in the blender and mix until it acquires the desired consistency.
Meals to gain muscle mass based on whole wheat bread
Despite its long name, whole wheat toast with cereals, omelet and sprouts is an easy breakfast to prepare. All the ingredients that make up this rich breakfast to gain muscle mass, will provide you calories full of protein and unsaturated fats. Bread will give you fiber, while sprouts will give you the extra energy point you need when you face an intense exercise table. For its part, the good fat of the egg will favor the functioning of your heart and your arteries.
- 2 slices of bread with cereals and oats (you can alternate this bread with the bread of seeds and pipes)
- 2 free-range eggs
- A handful of sprouts of alfalfa, lentils, soybeans.
- Half a tomato.
- Olive oil
- Put a stream of olive oil in the pan.
- When the oil is hot, add the beaten eggs. Once the omelet is cooked on both sides, turn off the heat and preserve it. If you prefer, instead of omelet you can prepare scrambled eggs. To do this, put the beaten egg in the pan and stir with a wooden spatula until the egg is set but broken.
- In a slice of bread, put the half tomato cut into slices and the alfalfa sprouts. Add a splash of olive oil.
- Cover with the tortilla and finish by putting the other slice of bread.
- If you wish, you can alternate the egg with cheeses such as fresh cheese or cottage cheese. This nutritious breakfast is also ideal to prepare as a dinner to increase muscle mass.
Cottage cheese with fruit
A great breakfast that will increase your muscle mass and sweeten your mornings is the one that you can prepare with cottage cheese and fruit. Cottage cheese is a cheese with a pleasant texture that combines very well with most fruits. Combining cottage cheese with strawberries, apples and bananas will make you enjoy as a child your first meal of the day.
- 250 g of cottage cheese
- Fruit to taste (4 strawberries, 1 banana, half an apple)
- Honey if you want to give it a little more sweetness
- 1 piece or portion of fruit of your choice (apple, peach, ½ banana, 6 strawberries, kiwi)
The preparation of a plate of cottage cheese with fruit is simple, you only need to wash, peel and chop the fruit that you will consume and add it to the cottage cheese. If you are intolerant to cow’s milk or protein, you can substitute the normal cottage cheese for a fresh cheese that does not contain lactose.
Cottage cheese is highly digestive and is also ideal as a dinner to increase muscle mass . If you want to consume it at night, you can substitute the fruit adding some type of cold meat low in salt and fat, as well as you can accompany it with whole wheat toast.
Breakfasts to increase muscle mass based on smoothies
Another breakfast that will make you gain muscle mass quickly and efficiently is the banana and oatmeal smoothie. The shakes to increase muscle mass are excellent alternatives to consume at breakfast. This smoothie is characterized by having a high content of potassium and carbohydrates. Likewise, the banana and oat smoothie is very nutritious and has a high protein index, thanks to the brewer’s yeast and the milk that accompany it.
- 1 banana
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon of honey or agave syrup to sweeten
- 1 tablespoon of brewer’s yeast
- 250 ml of whole milk
- In a mixer, pour the previously peeled and chopped banana.
- Then add the milk, oatmeal and brewer’s yeast.
- It proceeds to its smoothie until obtaining a homogeneous smoothie.
- Try it and add honey or agave syrup until you get the desired sweetness.
Whole wheat toast with avocado and fresh cheese
Wholemeal bread is a source of carbohydrates. For its part, fresh cheese has a low-fat index but a high protein value. Avocado is a food that is high in high-quality fats, popularly known as good fats.
A protein breakfast that consists of toasted bread with avocado and fresh cheese, in addition to being very delicious and easy to prepare, will provide your body with beneficial calories that will help you develop your muscles in a healthy way. In addition, this type of breakfast can become one of the delicious dinners to increase muscle mass in your weekly diet. Add some tomato slices and you will have a very healthy gourmet dinner.
- Two large slices of whole wheat bread. If you wish, it can be whole wheat bread with seeds since they have, like avocado, a high index of beneficial fats for the body.
- A peeled and chopped avocado.
- A tub of fresh cheese (approximately 200 grams).
- A splash of olive oil.
- A pinch of salt and pepper.
- Prepare a kind of salad by chopping the avocado and the fresh cheese in a bowl.
- Season with pepper and salt to taste but without overdoing it.
- Add a splash of olive oil.
- Pour the mixture into one slice of bread, and then cover with the other slice. If you wish you can toast the bread to make it even more delicious.
Muesli with berries, seeds and ricotta cheese
Ricotta is an Italian cheese very similar to cottage cheese. Ricotta, like most cheeses, has a high nutritional value, since it is very rich in calcium, as well as protein and omega 3 and 6. All this makes it an ideal food for any healthy diet.
White in color and soft in consistency, this cheese can be consumed in both sweet and savory dishes. In this case, we propose you a sweet and delicious breakfast to increase muscle mass in which ricotta cheese is combined with berries, known for their high content of vitamin C. In addition, it also contains seeds that will provide you full calories and beneficial fats for your body.
- 200 g of oat flakes (if possible very fine).
- 100 g of fresh or hydrolyzed red fruits (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, among others). You can find hydrolyzed red fruits in organic food stores.
- 120 g ricotta
- 100 g of flax or sunflower seeds.
- Mix in a bowl the oat flakes with the red berries and the ricotta cheese (previously crushed with a fork).
- Add the seeds on top and enjoy this rich and very nutritious breakfast.
- To increase your muscle mass with this breakfast it is not necessary to add any type of sweetener since oat flakes are very sweet in themselves. However, if you want to sweeten it, use honey, cane sugar, agave syrup, stevia or some type of sweetener of natural origin.
Gouda cheese sandwich with cucumber and hard-boiled egg
If you fancy a consistent breakfast that helps you start your day with energy and also promotes the growth of your muscles, a gouda cheese sandwich with cucumber and hard-boiled egg is an excellent option.
We have already commented that the cheeses are rich in calcium, as well as in proteins and omega 3 and 6. Gouda, in addition to being nutritious, has an intense and pleasant flavor, as it is a melting cheese widely used to give flavor.
For its part, the egg provides good fats and a high protein index, while cucumber is an excellent food supplement for any diet since it has vitamins of group B and C, folic acid, iron, phosphorus, potassium and zinc. All these minerals and vitamins contribute to cellular health and are essential in any diet for athletes.
- Two slices of gouda cheese
- Half cucumber
- A boiled egg
- Two slices of whole wheat bread with cereals and / or seeds
- Peel and cut the cucumber into thin slices.
- Also cut the cooked egg into thin slices.
- Place the two slices of gouda cheese on a slice of bread.
- Put the cucumber and egg slices on the cheese.
- Cover with the other slice of bread and put the sandwich to toast in a toaster. You will love the melted gouda cheese with the rest of the ingredients.
- You can include this type of breakfast in one of your dinners to increase muscle mass, replacing the hard-boiled egg with a protein and healthy food, such as a grilled breast fillet.
Other tips to gain muscle mass
The breakfasts to increase muscle mass that we propose will help you develop your muscles in a healthy way. But so that you can eat safely and healthy, we recommend that you also follow these tips to increase muscle mass:
Eat all meals daily: Skipping a meal is unhealthy and will reduce the calorie intake you need to achieve your desired muscle mass.
Eat foods rich in protein: Opt for foods like fish, chicken, eggs, milk, cheese, legumes, among others.
Eat only good fats: Nuts, olive oil, cereals, and fish like salmon are full of them.
Drink water: Water will prevent your muscles from atrophying and not growing. Drinking 2 liters of water a day is a good start.
Eat fruit: Fruit provides you with minerals and vitamins that will help you have energy and recover before and after a training session.
Seek professional help: If you do not have experience in the world of sports or suffer from any type of pathology or illness, before undergoing a specific diet or training, always consult a specialist in the field.